Thursday, July 2, 2009

Peace, Baby | Dallas Child Photographer



Soon after I set up YLK photography, I had walked into a hamburger joint called Peace Burger. My husband and I had heard that the food - fusion Mexican hamburgers - was really good. As I waited for our food, I looked around and immediately thought, "This place has perfect light for photos." I loved the colorful walls and the retro tables and chairs, too. There was a Jimi Hendrix poster up on a wall. So for the first time, I gulped and said to the cashier, "I'm a photographer and I was wondering if I could bring someone in and take their photo here. Do you think the owner would mind?" She shrugged and said, "No. Go right ahead!" SCORE, I thought.

Not long after that, I spoke with my friend and neighbor and asked if she'd mind loaning me one of her kids for about an hour to take some photos. She was so
great and even went out and bought Miss H (featured here) two new outfits to fit the theme and mood of the location. I had an awesome time with Miss H, as she is a complete natural in front of the camera. Not only is she beautiful, but she is so well-behaved and sweet. It really was a favor to me that she and her mom agreed to let me do this. I learned a lot from this shoot... about light. Thanks, guys! You ROCK!

Oh, and by the way, the Peace Burger and Carne Asada Fries at this place are phenomenal!



















No comments:

Post a Comment