Sunday, November 15, 2009

Holiday Photo Attire | Dallas Children's Photographer



I have been getting asked a lot by parents who want suggestions and tips for dressing their children for holiday photos. I took my own kids out today to take our holiday card pics and though this particular one is probably not the one I'll choose to send out in the end, I thought it might be a good one to post to help with some ideas.

I try to encourage my clients to "think outside the box" as far as what has been conventional for portrait wardrobe in years (decades) past. The whole "everybody dresses the same and in the same colors" is so very... yesterday. Now, I don't mean to offend those of you who adamantly adhere to this particular style. If that's what you like, it's what you like. To each his/her own. I'm only here to give suggestions and my opinions on what makes good photos great. You're obviously here because you like something about my style, so you can trust me on this one.

Coordinate! Layer! Hats! Colors! Leggings! Patterns! Scarves! Denim! And you don't have to go with the traditional red and green to make your photos scream of the holidays, either.

OK, that is all. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment