Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ben + Bethany | Dallas Engagement Photographer



As I say, I am a self-taught photographer, just starting out. Until about two weeks ago, I had only really taken photos of my children and for my own enjoyment. When I decided to get up the nerve to get into this "thing" officially, I decided to stay within my comfort zone and offer my services as a children's photographer. Well, lucky me. Just within a couple of days of going "public," I was contacted by this sweetheart named Bethany, asking if I would take engagement photos of her and her fiance, Ben. I have to say that I hesitated big time. After my initial "What do I do, what do I do?" panic attack, I decided that it would be a good opportunity for learning.

It was a very hot evening, but it almost didn't matter because Ben and Bethany were such a joy to photograph. They were fun and giggly and obviously completely smitten and in-love with one another. My job couldn't have been made easier. And I got to try out some new ideas and techniques that I knew wouldn't work the same way with children. It was awesome and I am so grateful to them for taking a chance on a brand-spanking-new "photographer" who is still learning the ropes and trying to get the hang of how things work. Thanks, guys -- you rock! Oh, and something tells me that you will have a blessed and happy marriage, too...

Note: These photos were taken at Cross Timbers Winery and Main Street in Grapevine, TX.


















No comments:

Post a Comment